Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread Lane

Last Christmas I took Michaela to the Gingerbread Lane program at the Caledonia KDL.  She loved going to the library, listening to Christmas music and most of all decorating her very own gingerbread house.  In fact, that little house was out for our viewing pleasure well into Spring when finally I slipped it into the trash one day.

When I saw that the new Kentwood library would be having a program this year in their new building I signed Michaela up immediately.  We listened to Ms. Helene, the children's librarian, read a story to the kids and then they were set loose to make their gingerbread houses.  Basically it's a bunch of graham crackers stuck to a small milkbox with icing.  The kids loved it though and I'm sure Michaela wasn't the only one who ate as much candy and treats as she decorated with.







No comments: