Friday, December 03, 2010

Too Big

Tonight Dani tried to take another few steps.  Every day she is becoming more and more confident in standing up with no support (not holding anything) and she practically runs when using her walking toys.

But tonight she got so excited to see me come say 'hi' to her while I was baking cookies that she let go of the couch and took a step towards me.  She had the biggest smile on her face and was squealing with joy and I was nearly in tears with how big my 'baby' is getting.  After her attempt at a second consecutive step failed I scooped her up for a hug and held on tight.

I think this milestone is more bittersweet than it was with Michaela because I know I won't be going through these stages again and I'm trying to soak them up as much as possible this time around.

No comments: