Yep, try saying that 5 times fast. ;) This is a favorite recipe of ours and I end up making double batches multiple times throughout the winter months. It's very tasty and I convince myself that the oatmeal and cherries makes them healthy (don't even try to burst my bubble on that either).
1/2 cup stick butter (cold from the fridge turns out best)
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup all purpose flour (plus)
3 cups old fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 - 1 cup dried cherries
Heat oven to 375
Mix wet ingredients in order listed. Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. Add oats and then hand mix in chocolate chips and cherries to personal taste.
*I always need to add additional flour to thicken up the mixture. Depending on how the batch looks it's usually an extra cup to cup and a half of flour, but I add this in by hand before the chocolate chips and cherries.
Bake 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown (centers may still look under done but are usually ready).
Immediately remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack. You can also make cookie bars with them in a 8x8x2 pan that is ungreased (bake approx 25 min).
Makes approx 3 dozen cookies
1 comment:
Oh wow, yum! I'll give you my address so you can send me some. ;) lol!
Post a Comment