This evening Michaela got sick. We are pretty sure that she ate some cookies this afternoon with peanuts in them and was having a reaction. One second she was fine, the next she was throwing up everywhere. Ten minutes later, after some juice and a bath she was feeling back to her normal self. Kids are so resilient...
Now, it's always hard to see you kid get sick, but the hardest part was that she didn't have a clue what was happening. While I cleaned up I could hear her and Chris having the same conversation over and over again. It went something like this:
Michaela: "What happened to me?"
Chris: "You got sick."
Michaela: "Whaaat happened?"
Chris: "Something made your tummy not feel good and your food came back out your mouth."
Michaela: "Yeah... Why?"
She could just not understand why her food would want to leave her tummy and come back out her mouth. Quite frankly, getting sick like that is such an unnatural feeling event that I could completely understand why she couldn't grasp the concept.
Poor kiddo. We were glad to see her eat some waffles before falling asleep. Like I said, kids are so resilient...
2 comments:
awe...poor kid. Good thing it didn't last.
Oh yes, we were glad it wasn't the flu with lots of not feeling well...
Post a Comment