Friday, January 07, 2011

Hiccups - Faith Like A Child

Last night while we were saying bedtime prayers Michaela developed a pretty violent case of hiccups.  Her whole body shook with each hiccup and I just knew she wouldn't be going to sleep until they were gone.

So we prayed about them.  Asked God to make her hiccups stop right away so she could go to sleep.  They didn't stop right away.  So I asked her if she needed to go with me to get something to stop her hiccups (I was thinking a drink of water or something to eat).

At first she said "Yes." But when I actually pulled back the covers and tried to get her to walk into the kitchen with me she said "No!"

"Michaela, I thought you wanted to go get something to make your hiccups stop?" I asked her.

"The angels are taking them away," she replied.

"The angels?" making sure I'd heard her correctly.

"Yeah, the angels and Jesus."

How can you argue with that?  Her hiccups were gone within a minute or two and she was fast asleep shortly thereafter.  Complete faith that we had prayed about it and her hiccups would be gone right away from Jesus.  I guess I need to remember to practice more "faith like a child" even when it comes to the little things, like hiccups.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

TOTAL gut check!! Good job Michaela. Child like faith is right, that is amazing!!