Remember in college when you shared an apartment with 3 other people and everyone brought in their mix matched furniture and conflicting senses of style? Or when you're a newlywed and you've got the old sofa from your parents' basement, the hand me down kitchen table from your in-laws and an entertainment center made out of two by fours and love?
Of course, it would have been great if you had made your first home look like it was to be featured as the "after" on your favorite HGTV design program. But the reality is that it was just more important to be out there experiencing life, mismatched furniture and all...
That's how I've felt about this blog. I started it just over a year ago with no idea what I was doing. I could have waited until I knew more, but I figured it was one of those things I'd learn as I went along. I'm glad that I just jumped in with both feet and have floundered along a bit. It's taught me a lot.
But now I'm ready to move out of limbo. Take time to find matching furniture, hang the family photos on the wall, and slap up some paint. Hey, maybe I'll even plant some flowers? (Who are we kidding, I'm a plant killer, those flowers wouldn't stand a chance.)
I'm working on my new place, making it all spiffy and show-worthy before I move in and start showing it off (because in the virtual world such things are possible). Once it's ready I'll let you all know. In the meantime I'll continue posting here when I have time and I've made a couple updates to try some things out here.... Don't be surprised if the next couple weeks are still sparse on news though, I'm busy decorating my new place! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment